The Cologne Kaiser Wilhelm Ring Centre is located on the fourth and fifth floors of a landmark office building built in 1952 as part of the post-war reconstruction of the city. It was recently completely refurbished to incorporate state-of-the-art technology. Kaiser Wilhelm Ring is one of the main roads that were part of the medieval city walls, now circling the centre of Cologne to offer easy access to hotels, shops, restaurants and other facilities. The centre is 15 minutes’ walk from the main train station and close to Cologne’s MediaPark, a specially developed business district that is home to 250 companies and provides a self-contained centre of expertise for the media industry. Its pioneering architecture comprises eight groups of buildings, including conference and event areas.